We will continue to follow advice and guidance published by the UK Government and British Rowing in response to the Covid-19 pandemic and will revise and re-issue our plans to reflect any updates as necessary over the coming weeks and months.
About the club
The club was founded in 1865 and was based at what is now The Bridge Inn. Apart from a lean period in the 1880s, and temporary cessation during two world wars, it has been going strong since. The club has been located at its present site since the late-1920s. Since then, the club facilities have grown: the early-1950s small boat store/clubroom was reconstructed into a clubhouse in 1976 with a separate boat shed being brought into operation. The clubhouse has since been extended backwards and sideways, with the last significant addition being the balcony in 1999 – from where there is a magnificent view of the river, great for a beer or two after training on a summer’s evening.